View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #12
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreissenweber1 View Post
good morning ..

great looking car ..

I've been watching daily all of the ads on craigslist (went to see your ad there) for over 6 months now and a couple of comments if I may ..

- reevaluate your asking price upwards (unless you are in a hurry to sell)
- drop the OBO
- add more photos (inside, beneath etc and then more)
- add and stress options
- add how long you've owned and maintainance schedule you followed
- add maintenance records (get them to present to potential buyer)
- drop the 'trade' paragraph to the end
- add more photos

good luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Why don't you just buy his car?

Everyone's an expert, I guess.

For me, when I see an ad that does everything you just said, then the car better really be something special.... like, "limited production, only 2 on the market currently," etc. Otherwise, I'm going to see all that blather and think "dood's an idiot, who thinks he's got something really special, and thinks I'm gonna pay for it". And then I move-on to another ad that is realistic in both asking price and description.

The very moment you list something in that ad that ALL of the cars on the market have (like leather seats, or air conditioning) I'm rolling my eyes. And when you use the word "rare" to describe a factory option like heated seats, or a color combination, or the aero kit, yeaaaahhhh.... now I'm laughing out loud at you.

This from a guy who has bought 76 cars in my lifetime (counting only the ones I've registered in my own name, mind you. Not the cars I've helped others buy)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote