View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #14
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
If we know which side the wheels/tires came from and the direction of the rotation, we can determine if it's braking or accelerating causing it. I suspect that even an S doesn't have enough torque to cause this under acceleration.

My theory is that it's caused by breaking, and the front tires rotate more than the rears, because the fronts brake harder.

I probably won't track until next year, and if I do I probably won't drive it as hard as some people on here because I don't have the skills. So it would be great if someone would try the experiment and note which corner each tire/wheel was on. Maytag, would you be so kind?
Well what I do know, is that you're looking at a rear laying flat and a front from the same side leaning against it, in both images. I just don't remember which image is left or right.

As you can see, they're rotating opposite directions on the wheels.

There's very, VERY little braking going on on the rear wheels, especially at the racetrack where brakes are usually on VERY HARD, or not at all. There is SUBSTANTIALLY more torque being applied to the rear wheels under acceleration than under braking.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote