View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
$75 for all four S calipers? That's practically giving them away! I usually get $600 a set. I'm thinking the guy might have something going on and just hasn't had the time to pay you yet. It happens to me every once in awhile. I don't like it either, but it does happen. You just need to keep reminding them until they pay. In the seven years I've been selling porsche parts, I've only had two people screw me over.

Now if you know you're getting the shaft, I say hit them back twice as hard. You might not get your $$ back but the feeling of revenge is payback enough for me.
No, the $75 was freight-only (it was actually $72 and change). Utah to Florida. Two boxes. "S" calipers, with near-new pads & wear sensors (so, added weight). Utah to Florida.

And I agree with your patient approach. I shipped on 6/25, and let him know then what the freight charges were that he owed. I waited quite awhile, and finally on 7/10 I gently reminded him, and told him I was assuming it was an oversight. That's when he fed me this BS line about how he was waiting until his shop was done with the refurbishment before he decided if he was going to pay me shipping for them or not. Well THAT got me all lit-up..... as you can see, from the emails, haha.

If he had said "look man, I'm broke. Can I send it to in December?" I'd have cut him some slack, or asked for $5/month, or something.
but his response was just "dick-like".
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote