View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #1
sfkjeld

Garage
Freshly rebuilt Vertex Long Blocks

Bought a long block for my 2000 2.7 last weekend from a private party. I didn’t really need a motor since the original has only 93k and runs great. But I did need a water pump and the estimates to replace were nearly $1000 and the new long block was $2500 with a new water pump, IMS and RMS upgrades. So I took the motor to a well respected Porsche shop in San Rafael. The install is scheduled in a few weeks. But when I dropped it off, one of the shop guys said they had bad luck with a Vertex motor in the past few years. I was a bit shocked, since I had heard positive reviews on them. I even spoke with the Vertex shop in Florida and they were great. Generous with their time and information shared. But now I am worried. I understand the shop doing the install has an engine room, where they can test a motor out of the car. Anyone have any idea what that costs to do? It might be smart since I am not so certain about this “new” motor anymore.

Also, anyone with experience with Vertex? I should have posted this question before I bought the motor.
sfkjeld is offline   Reply With Quote