View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
Not sure if there is a way to “dye” the canvas, but restoring the tops waterproofing etc should darken the top somewhat. I use Porsche’s top spray, there are many brands out there. For the Porsche stuff check here on Pelican or on another site that has sun in it and maybe coast as well. The other products can be had on Amazon and a variety of other places to include your local auto parts stores.
Yep, when I clean the top and put on the protectant, the color does go to the darker side and adds a nice sheen to the top also. I just did my top 10 days ago and decided to try a different brand. I was using the Raggtopp Fabric Cleaner and Protectant kit, but decided to give the 303 Convertible Top Care kit a try. So far I really like it. The darker color and sheen looks great, just have to see how well it holds up. I made the switch as I have never been really happy with how long the Raggtopp Fabric Cleaner and Protectant kit lasted.