Thread: Window tint
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #11
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
Anyone have any secrets to putting tint on a 986? I did today and am taking off tomorrow to try again. The angle where the mirror attaches really gave me a hard time. Also, so bubbles appeared later that weren't there earlier. I think I really need to make a template out of cardboard for that angle and start there.
Tips, advice?
of course its fun to do stuff yourself. I have applied tint in the past, but found that the secret is use a tint guy. Also use the best film you can out there; some really good choices and a tint shop with high ratings will steer you right. I use 3M™ Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series. It isn't dark, yet rejects the heat and UVs...its amazing and my installer guarantees it for life, even if I scratch it.

While having the window out would make it easier, taking the window out isn't trivial either... you have to work around the airbag, make sure you don't disconnect it with the battery connected (you need to visit the dealer for resets after that) It takes 20 to 40 minutes a door in removal, another 20 - 40 minutes to replace.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote