Thread: Thanks Trump
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #19
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
You know not that this isn't anything you haven't been told your whole life, but insulting people that you feel intellectually superior to doesn't make you look any smarter. If anything it probably confirms their opinions of you. If you lack the ability to engage in simple debate without resorting to ad hominem then you are correct in staying exactly where you are.
With the way you don't understand the difference between Federal, State and Local Taxes, it's no wonder your State has such a high tax rate. You have been living off the Federal Tax system giving you higher subsidies and now that those subsidies have been reduced. You're complaining about a higher tax rate, when it's your State and Local tax rate you should be complaining about. The Federal Government is still giving you a subsidy, just not as high as it was before. Vote in people that will lower your State and Local tax rates or live with consequences and stop complaining. I cringe when I hear people leaving States like California, New York, New Jersey and Illinois as I don't want them turning my State into what they ran away from.

Seriously, since the new Federal tax bill was singed into law, it has been known that States like yours would be hit the hardest because of your State's higher tax rate and the lower Federal subsidy.

I would say if you came out owing nothing and getting nothing back, your taxes were paid perfectly. As maytag pointed out, why are you giving the Federal Government a free loan? All the years you got back money on your Federal taxes, you could have used that money to gain interest for you or paid off a loan faster to reduce the interest paid. Or had more money in your pocket to help your parents right then and there instead of waiting on that free loan you gave the Government to be paid back to you.