View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #15
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I have owned 14 Porsches since 1974 and have floored them every time I have driven them and shifted near redline and have never blown a motor. I have torn down some of them at 100,000 miles and could still see the cross hatching in the cylinders and the bearings tested within Porsche's service limit for used bearings. BTW I have always loosely followed Porsche's recommended oil change intervals including 12,000 miles or 6 months (IIRC) on my 1975. I have driven them coast to coast and on tracks and in the twisties for hundreds of thousands of miles.

There's some evidence for you!!!!

In regard to oil changes do you think you are smarter than Dr Porsche? Is Redline on the list of approved oils in Porsche's latest TSB?

BTW I agree about racing, it will use up the car, but driving the car on the streets the way Porsche intended (warm them up, have fun) based on my experiences will not harm the car. Leaving it sit, flooring it when cold, shifting at low rpms WILL harm it.
Ah, how?

Your experience is your experience. It doesn't translate into fact though, simply what you tell us happened to your cars.

I will stand by my statement based on the laws of physics. Hammer your car regularly and you will pay the price, esp with these fragile engines we know have in our Porsches/

BTW-Dr Porsche is long dead and I can't see how he somehow provided input into oil change interval recommendations. that we see today.

I don't know if Red Line is on the Porsche approved list and frankly don't care. It is one of the few Group 5 synthetics in the world available for our cars and it is flat out a better oil than M1, though M1 is quite good.

If you really believe M1 can be run in a Porsche for 20K miles and that will help the car last longer, so be it.

It is your car, do what you want with it. I would not do that, not even with Red Line.