View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #4870
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
I see you have 996 TB, and exhaust upgrades; do you think those upgrades were the result of your sprint race with the AMG?
Oh yes they help, but the most seat of the pants power gain I felt was when I did the 987 Air Box, K&N Air Filter, 76mm Intake Pipe, 996 76mm TB and 997 Distribution T install all at once. Man it really helps this engine breath and made a very nice roar in the intake. I felt a power gain with the headers, secondary cat delete and Borla muffler, but the exhaust sound was more surprising. Nice deep sound that lets people know she isn't stock.

She roars on the intake and exhaust now. Had my nephew drive on the highway in his car as I came up from behind him full throttle. He said he could hear me coming and shocked him when I went by from the sound. He said it sounded like a proper sports car. Should have had him pull out his iPhone and film it, but wasn't thinking about it at the time.

About a month ago I ran into another 986 and the guy was all over me to play. It was only a straightaway, no turns and I just walked away from him like he was driving Ford Pinto. It was boring for me, but he must have sure loved it as he kept pulling back up to run again and again lol.