View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 04:49 AM   #6
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzafan View Post
... Anything I could've done to have prevented it?
Quote:
Noticed the engine temp was at the max and a red light next to the temp was on.
Oil light flashed a couple times.

Continued driving for about 5 minutes / 3 miles to my destinations.

Engine temp at max and Red light means pull over and STOP driving. There are several things that could have gone wrong initially, but to continue driving for even 5 minutes can make a lot more things go wrong.

Quote:
Could stalling & restarting the engine right away have caused the issue, or is that a coincidence?
Stalling and restarting is not and underlying cause. There is no way for us to diagnose exactly what the initial cause was or what further damage could have been done by simply looking at the pictures.

We could talk about cracked heads, oil coolers, rods bolts, and IMS bearings, but I don't think it would be helpful at this point. Judging from what you have written, I'm guessing that you have not worked on cars much, so advice on taking things apart probably is not going to be of any use. I'd recommend that you do not try to start the car and have it towed to a mechanic with some Porsche experience to evaluate if the engine is repairable at an affordable price.

...sorry for your loss.