Thread: Simoniz
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #16
Perfectlap

yes you can use the the No-Rinse as a clay lube. I haven't done it but really any soap or quick detailer will work. At $13 a bottle I'm might try something cheaper like an over the counter quick detail spray like Eagle one or Mother's. I use FK 425 for claying slickest product I've tried no other product has that slippery a feel when its dry.
Unless the car cover is protecting you from sunlight I don't think you will be doing anything other than saving yourself a few minutes of cleaining dust off the car.
Car covers are risky, the car has to be 100% CLEAN before it goes on. I'm sure you will do this to your new baby but allot of people who use them regularly are ironically doing more harm than good.

Paints nowadays are very resilient and can withstand lots of Sun and rain. A car that is rarely washed, ironically, is in better condition after one year than one that is frequently detailed.

as far as the benefits of pre-storage waxing you might try the Autopia site and ask those who store cars on what their methods are. Some waxes which are mostly acrylics break down at a much slower rate than natural carnauba blends.
Maybe they might say to use a sealant depending if its not a climate controled container.

p.s.
I tried Poorboy's Trim Restorer this weekend (poorboysworld.com) after dying my windshield/window trim and bumperetes with Forever Black. A great 1-2
I also washed the top with Raggtopp cleanser after a bird a-bomb and it looks brand new again. Great product.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote