View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Sway bars are for tuning your car balance in corners and it is completely dependent on tire choice. The stickier the tires, the more sway bar you will tend to need. A car running square will need a more firm front bar to reduce oversteer. A car running staggered may want a firmer bar in the rear to reduce understeer and improve rotation.

Picking out a nice new sway bar without careful consideration of tire choice is pretty useless.
Makes perfect sense... but I guess I didn't realize we had that many to choose from. I sorta expected a "we all use XXXX, find one of them" sort of answer.

So:
I'm going to switch to NT01's this year. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to run Square or Staggered.... I'm leaning towards square, but I have wheels for staggered.
I know people I trust in both camps.... so I'm struggling with the decision.

Ultimately, this needs to remain a very street-user-friendly car. That's why I'm not going to do things like solid mounts / bushings, etc. (And when I go to Coil-overs next winter, I'll probably do the R&T's, because without exception, everyone I know who has done so has indicated that, while it made the car better on the track, it also made it better on the street. I have not heard the same things said about other brands of coilovers.) Sway-bars shouldn't hurt my ride-quality on the street, so I'm adding 'em to the "when I get to it" list.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote