Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #9
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMann View Post
Licensed POC DE/TT Instructor

Curious . . . what is that?
Thanks for asking!

The Porsche Owners Club (POC, mostly in California) and the Porsche Club of America (PCA, nationwide) offer Porsche owners the opportunity to take their street cars onto race tracks around the country.

At a track day, also known as a High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) event or Drivers Education (DE) for short, the host organization will provide instructors to ride along with you to teach you the basics of track driving and answer any questions that you might have through the day. I instruct at these types of events.

Once you become proficient at general track driving, you might want to compete for lap times against other cars. This is called a Time Trial (TT). Some org's who host TT's also provide instructors to help drivers perfect the preferred driving line, improve cornering techniques, and help you get the best time possible. I also instruct at these types of events.

I also have POC, PCA, and NASA (National Auto Sport Association) racing licenses where I race wheel-to-wheel (open racing and who ever finishes first wins) in the Spec Boxster class. This is generally known as amateur or club racing. This class uses the 97-99 2.5L Boxster as the basis for a production based race car.

My race car story can be found here: http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/46070-spec-boxster-build.html

Anyone can (and should) take their Porsche to the track and learn some great performance driving techniques using their street car. Its incredible fun!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 11-20-2018 at 05:01 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote