View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #15
MNBoxster

Hi,

Practically speaking, I think it's all about the aesthetic. The Xenons are indeed brighter and whiter, so what? My wife's Jag S-Type has xenons, and they're nice, but not $1300 worth of nice. So what if they're Lifetime? At $7/H7 Halogen bulb, it's not a big deal to change them every 4-5 years when they burn out

If you're in the city, the ambient light is usually sufficient to drive by alone. And, if you're in a rural area without any competing light sources, the halogens light everything up just fine (when have we heard of a Boxster crashing because their lights weren't bright enough?).

So far as eye fatigue, how much sleep did you get last night? How good is your diet? General Health? Smoker? Caffein drinker? Under a deadline or other stress? These things have a much greater effect on eye fatigue than whether you're driving with xenons or not.

I'm staying with the Halogens (a quantum leap over the old tungsten filaments), and saving my dough for an RMS, Oil Seperator, Intermediate Shaft Failure, cracked Coolant Reservoir, broken motor mounts, faulty Fuel Cap, faulty Coolant Cap, and the like...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-19-2006 at 07:39 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote