View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 03:53 AM   #1
rfuerst911sc

making seats more comfortable ?

The beast has the OEM Boxster S seats from 2002 , the leather is in good shape on both seats with no tears or cracks . The leather is a little on the stiff side so at the very least they probably need some leather treatment to soften them up . Other than that I find that the seats don't seem that comfortable Regardless of how I adjust them same results , the " pain " is mostly in the seat bottom . I find that if I remove my wallet that helps . The seats also have warmers on both sides .

I am guessing due to the age that the foam in the bottoms are worn out/flattened/compressed . For those of you that have gone to a pro to have seats rebuilt were you happy with the results ? Did you have extra foam added ? I am not huge I weigh 212 pounds at 5 ' 10 " . The OEM seats do not have much of a side bolster which is great for getting in and out but a little more bolster would be good . Any other suggestions on making the seats more comfortable ?
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote