View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #11
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratanui View Post
I know you requested a change in alignment but most tire shops will only do an alignment to stock specs. I would think that would be even more likely there in America where the threat of law suits is a real and present danger.

Most Porsche's are sports cars and run sports suspension/alignment settings. Our Boxster has the same wear pattern and depending on the type of tire fitted you can swap them on the rims so that the wear is on the outside to gain more life from the tire.

Our Ford Falcon utility also does this (4000cc six cylinder 195kw). We have a large number of performance sedans and utes here in New Zealand/Australia with aggressive setups that are hard on tires, a lot putting out 200kw-300kw+.

Most motorcycles have rounded tires that wear out in the middle because we ride them on the road not racetracks. Expect an average of 5000km/3000miles.

This isn't to say you shouldn't be able to request a custom set up to reduce tire wear but keep it in mind that in doing so you may be putting yourself in a grey area legally.
Wait... so you're suggesting that somebody aligning the Porsche to factory specs will result in premature wear of the inner edge of the tire? ok.... ? Because? And changing this somehow puts us at risk legally?

And this has WHAT to do with motorcycles?

I'm so confused right now.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote