View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 04:53 AM   #3
AUDIOGUY

Z, if you have an 06', the halogens are far better than that of the 986. Yours, if I am correct, are projector beam halogens. Older 986s have standard halogen sealed beam lamps. These are not as good performance wise as the new halogens. I would have regretted buying a non-xenon Box. I think porsches xenons are one of the better lighting setups out there. They are definately a crisp white and fill out the driving field nicely. Also if you are facing an oncomming car, the center of your beam is the brightest part and wont blind traffic but still illuminate the sides of the road. I live in an area with alot of deer. More than a few times, I was able to spot those eyes on the edge of the trees much sooner than I used to due to the lights.

Ok, last reason for the xenons is that they do look pretty cool. I have to say, that I definately prefer the look of a vehicle with xenons vs non. IMOH this says that you are driving a car with todays best technology. Also, I believe the non xenon 986s have amber in them instead of all clear? Plus, I noticed when buying my car, xenon equipped cars were slightly more expensive.

Just a question, if you retro-fit a car with litronics, will the self leveling feature work or not?

Best of luck!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote