View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #13
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
....... which is (in seconds) 138.252/142.54=97% so by my metrics that is smoking fast!
I'ma add this to my signature line, hahaha. Thanks, Steved0x, for feeding the ego. hehe :-)

So:
Would y'all agree with my choices if I were to make the winter mods look something like this:
- new Coilovers
- LCA & a Proper alignment / setup
- Sway bars.
- Diet and Exercise. (!!)
- Tires

IF you DO agree, then here's the next points of discussion, as I see them:

Regarding Coilovers:
We mentioned Ohlins R&T, because I'm familiar with them. I know they're expensive. Is there somethung out there that will give me a better COST:BENEFIT ratio? Maybe provide 90% of what the Ohlins will do, for 50% of the cost? I know that sometimes that last 10% is the most expensive....

Regarding LCA's & Alignment / Setup:
Is it possible to setup the car for the track, mark it, then set it up for the street and mark it again, so that I don't have to live with a setup that sucks at both things? Something I can wrench back to street-settings before leaving the track, maybe? Or have y'all found a happy-medium that's competent and capable at both?

Regarding Sway Bars:
GT#? Tarrett? Talk to me, goose!(s)

Diet:
I'm serious! But also, weight-loss was mentioned as an alternative to adding HP. I know I can shed some lb's from the exhaust. Everywhere else I look, it seems to be 2 or 3 lbs, max. I know those add-up, but dropping 20lbs off my BUTT would be more effective, hahaha. What's another good weight-loss program for a still-street-car?

Tires:
Here's where I'm getting some conflicting opinions. Help me reach a consensus? I'm already running a set of wheels dedicated to track tires only. they are just a cheap / ugly set of twists, or whatever they're called. They are staggered, not square. I thought square was considered "the ticket", but now I'm hearing other opinions? What are the pros / cons here? what's the trade-off?

Thanks again to all of you. this is helpful.

Last edited by maytag; 09-19-2018 at 11:44 AM.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote