View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 07:18 AM   #13
Brucelee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander1
This is no accident and has nothing to do with market demand and everything to do with politics. I believe gasoline will spike back up after the November elections. BP originally reported a major problem with corrosion in its Alaska pipeline and, miraculously, it's now getting the flow back on line much earlier than expected. The government is suddenly issuing economic numbers that show upticks not seen in years (some of the economists can't even figure it out). The generals were caught fudging the August figures from Iraq on the deaths due to violence. We're being scared out of our wits over terrorism. This is all part of an orchestrated campaign to keep the current people in power, but I hope the American people are smart enough to see through it. Sorry to inject politics on such a fine board, but I might as well tell it like it is. In the meantime, let's enjoy lower gas prices while we can. We're paying for it in other ways.

Well, that is a bit of interesting fantasy!

The OPEC oil cartel met last week in an attempt to keep world oil prices above their new "floor" price of $64 a barrel.

It is widely thought that this new floor will not hold as OPEC does not have enough clout with the rest of the oil producing nations to make it stick.

In other words, these guys pumping oil need the money and will sell if the spot market price drops below OPEC's cartel price. Putin needs his dough!

That is the way it works in the real world, you know, the one where the conspiracy theory guys are busy watching Michael Moore's latest fiction and thinking it is actually happening that way.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote