View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
dghii

As far as I know, IMS is original. I purchased the car with 76K miles and figured I would consider doing the bearing and RMS when I did a clutch. Thing is, I have no indications of needing a clutch. The car leaks nothing. As I've owned the car and watched it depreciate, I've taken the notion that the car doesn't owe me anything, I'd just drive it occasionally and enjoy. Again, if I needed a clutch, I'd do all 'while you're in there' stuff.

I've not had to take the car to a mechanic during my ownership. I've done all my own maintenance at home or at our local Navy base auto hobby shop.

For all the horror stories on the forums, I'd like to think I have a great car as I've encountered none of the bigger issues. Yes, I've replaced water pump (at 125K miles), coolant tank, ignition and headlight switches but everything else has been normal maintenance (CV boots, wheel bearings, suspension pieces).

I bought a neighbor's 2003 911 Cab, otherwise I don't know when I'd have ever considered selling my Box.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote