View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #11
maytag
Who's askin'?

Whoa! you're serious about it! Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ986S View Post
I use the Autosportlabs Race Capture (RC) Track GPS/OBD data logging device with the legacy OBDII adapter. I also have a 4 channel AnalogX 0-5VDC analog input device feeding data to the RC track device via the local CANBUS network (cable from the OBD to the RC). I had to use a 3 way RJ-45 splitter (a real splitter) to connect both the AnalogX and the OBDII to the CANBUS cable going to the RC track device. I run 3x 0-5 VDC pressure sensors that are connected to the AnalogX. 3 more AnalogXs can be connected if needed, for a total of 16 analog I/O (IIRC).

Then I run the free RC app for IOS on my iPhone 6. I also have an Amazon Fire tablet than I run the RC app for Android. Both of those can be connected to the RC track via WIFI, for saving the data to memory, to be later downloaded to my windows laptop AND/OR to display realtime engine parameters and predictive lap times. Sometimes I'll use the iPhone to connect/upload to Podium Live and the Tablet simultaneously to log the data / display realtime parameters and preditive times.

I then use RaceRender (pro) with a special template file that translates the RC app .LOG data file into a format the RaceRender video editing software understands.

Video is off an older GoPro HD mounted on the center of the roll bar. Looking to get a newer GoPro so that the RC app can trigger start/stop automatically.

I have all the details, schematics and P/Ns if anyone wants it. My goal was to set up a low cost capable data logging system that could also allow for analog I/O.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote