View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:01 AM   #6
nakkinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
cool. 18" OZs from tire rack are (relatively) inexpensive, light, and strong. if you want oem, then the 18" my02's get a lot of respect, as do the 17" and 18" sport classics (all BBS). to get a good stance you'll have to run spacers in most cases, but the OZs come with pretty good offsets.

you'll get a lot of input on tires. i've had good luck w yoko ado8's (look cool, last long enough, good rain performance, sticky but can't last in a 20 minute sprint at the track). nt01 are stickier and keep their cool better in a 20 mnute sprint, but wear faster and have less rain performance. i am about to try some firestone indy's for the street - come well rated from tirerack and the price is good. currently running continental extremecontact dw as a street/rain tire, but no longer made, and i've not really pushed them so can't comment.
Those OZs look like a good deal. I think I will just get some new tires for my 17s for now and then keep a close eye on the forums/FB/CL to get some good used 18s.

In the past I had good look with Yokohama and Nitto, I'll see how the prices for those stack up. Ideally would like to keep 200 TW or higher for AutoX and wallet

Do spacers affect how the car feels? I've never run them before.
nakkinator is offline   Reply With Quote