Thread: Help Me Decide
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
jeffsquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1ada
Looking at 2 options--

First is an '05 987 (base) with 4,000 miles. Seal gray on black. Major options are Xenons, Nav., Bose. Car would be CPO.
Dealer has offered it to me for $39,900. (Is this a good price?). Price seems reasonable, but I really don't care much for the options. This will be a third car for pure driving pleasure, so very lightly optioned would work for me. For this car, I would have the center console custom painted to match the exterior paint. this will add about $700 to the cost of the car.

Second option is 2007 987 (base) which would be built to order (Atlas or Meteor on Black with metropol top). Car would be lightly optioned-- with only painted rear center console, painted to match roll bars, Cayman S '18 wheels, heated seats and colored center crests. I believe the dealer will agree to around $44, 500.

Questions: What do you guys think of the pricing? Obviously, it would be nice to save the $5000 difference in price. But, I really like the idea of spec-ing the car myself, especially the exterior color and the painted to match parts, to make it look exactly the way I want. I really enjoyed doing that with my current P Car (a CayenneS). It is also nice to have a brand new car and to break it in myself.

On the other hand, if $39K is really a steal for an '05 987 with 4K miles, perhaps I should not pass it up.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.
_

With the price options you presented I'd go with the new.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote