View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:01 AM   #8
Adrian Thompson

OK, some progress.

Last night having proved to myself that the lower cable attachment was correct I turned my attention to the upper portion above the door glass. As you can see from the images I posted yesterday the seal at the rear edge of the door glass was bulging out. After removing the side seal (the part that's integral with the front seal) then the side metal extrusions with the smaller seal it looked like the cable was running correctly on the sides as well. So I tried to close the top again. I could get it almost there but the catch wouldn't quite engage in the header rail. By using one hand to pull the top/frame forwards and down, I could then just-just engage and close the hood. It's now closed but very very hard to do. For now I'm letting it sit a couple of days before I try to put the seals and metal extrusion back on in the hope that the fabric and cable will give a little.

The front edge of the hood seems to sit low against the header rail over the windshield. I'll try and post some images later, but right now my phone is throwing a fit and not downloading the pics I took.