View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #12
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
Some of us don't have the extra money and some us will just replace when we do the clutch. Hey some could care less, and won't do it and be just fine. If that retrofit can go 75000 as LN puts on their warranty and a person does it with the clutch every 75k, I think I would need to do about three clutches to match the solution in price (1000 x3). I think my shop wanted 2500 for the solution. Considering most of these cars likely won't see 225k without a new motor (yeah some do) I think the retro is a pretty good value. Heck, what if something else goes kaput in the motor totally unrelated. I'll be pretty happy I just got the retro. 150k if you start at day 1. Still a lot of mileage.
I guess if the LN is as good as advertised, it should at least go 75k. Reading British magazines, some might think it's poor value to buy the LN and not the Vertex. Who the heck knows.
At least If Somebody wants to pull out and reuse, its probably cheap to do��.
Only problem with your clutch logic is that we have customers over 100K, over 200K, and even over 250K miles on the original clutch, so not everyone will ever get around to doing the clutch. And just as a by-the-by all of the high mileage cars are retrofitted.

As for the Vertex unit, roller bearings are no stronger or longer lived than the ceramic hybrid ball bearings, have a limited installed base, and cost nearly the same as the LN kits ($600 vs $799 list).

Last edited by JFP in PA; 03-29-2018 at 02:34 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote