View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #10
mikeyg

Thanks for the replies guys.
Input is REALLY appreciated.

Wow, things you learn. 5 days before you have to open the car with the key!

Fault code reader.
Totally get where you're all coming from.
The app I was using (Torque) is peanuts so going to need something more.
What is the cheapest (I wish money was no object) one that would do the job?
I've been doing homework and there seems to be a debate re Durametric and Autel?
anyone know if this one would do?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autel-Maxidiag-Elite-MD802-4-System-Auto-Diagnostic-Tool-OBD2-Fault-Code-Reader/322740819503?hash=item4b24da162f:g:EB8AAOSwqYhZu3n b

The downside is I cannot now drive my car to a garage to get codes read.
I could try and find someone to come out with a laptop but considering I'm on a small island - Cyprus, it does have a Porsche dealer but I can't imagine many (if any) Porsche independents and I certainly am not taking it back to the garage that "fixed" my coolant leak seeing as within 40 miles I went from a PERFECT transmission to a dead one. I'm 30mile inbetween two cities, so it's likely to cost... but may have no choice

Replacing transmission fluid
I'm in no illusion everything will go as easy as it did for Edd China as my luck is nowhere near that good this year... but I do hope
The episode is a good guide. As is the newly delivered 101 Porsche projects book.
Do I hold off starting this until I have the codes?
I'm set with an oil pump thanks to Amazon, I obviously don't have an hydrollic lift but my boss is a seasoned DIY mechanic and has said he will help and get me up with 4 Axel Jacks and hopefully oversee the difficult work!
Will take the advice on the Pentosin. I also have a digital laser temp reader.
Even if it does not fix my problem, it probably needs doing and if anything needs working on, if the oil is good then hopefully it can be saved and used again.

As said, much appreciated. I'm just about sleeping again without staying awake seeing ££££$$$!!

Last edited by mikeyg; 02-21-2018 at 06:43 AM.
mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote