Thread: Milky coolant.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 10:04 AM   #24
dghii

Sorry Dude...
First off, take a breath and weigh your options. Other than your need for transportation at some point, the value of the Boxster, or its cost to repair is not going to change. You'll figure out the best path. Don't worry about what you drive while in college...nobody cares!

I've got two boys still in college studying engineering (1 electrical, 1 aerospace) at UCF (you know, home of the national champions!). Both boys have nice, older cars with lots of miles that they bought with their own money. On occasion, Both send me links to nice, newer cars for sale. My response it the typically the same.

"Great looking car! Imagine how much cheaper it'll be in a couple years when you graduate!"

In the mean time, I help them both to ensure that their cars are mechanically safe and sound for trips to and from home. Other than that, it doesn't really matter as the cars sit quite a bit while at school. Both dudes rely heavily on the university bus system due to it being a PIA to park on campus. In the evening, its long boards, walking or Uber if alcohol is involved...

Best of luck and concentrate on what's important.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote