View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #6
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Note: I do understand there is risk in everything, so....what are the opinions out there?
I have taken on a lot of project cars and I would not touch this one at $4,000. Would I buy it at a much lower price? Yes, if I had a lot of time, shop space, and a plan of what I was going to use it for. I don't expect that money and time invested to make it right, would equal the resale value. I do see potential for a future track car that would be a minimal loss if it ran into a tire wall.
  • The paint job looks poorly done. Lots of questions come to mind from there.
  • The owner had a 'mechanic friend' help him take it apart. What did they break in the process, or lose since then. Expect lost bolts, stripped threads, and bad mounts at the least.
  • I think it has a RMS and/or IMS seal leak in addition to many other problems and lapses in maintenance. (Large oil stain below the flywheel in the 2nd pic.)
  • I would much rather buy a complete and intact roller with a known problem than a disassembled mess with a vague description of smoke.