Thread: Totaled my 986
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoger View Post
Or more accurately, my wife's. The day after having $3100 worth of work done, I hit a curb and spun the car. Due to rocker panel and rear quarter panel damage it was more costly to repair than it's worth .

Not really sure what is next. I cleaned out the car, pulled out the new mats, wind deflector, aftermarket taillights and the converted projector headlights. Unfortunately will have to leave the replacement top with glass window and the performance exhaust and "anti-drone" inserts.

Ugh. So bummed. Wonder if we can find a super clean later model car for appropriate money. Otherwise I guess I will have to put some parts up for sale.

I got what I paid for the car (minus the upgrades and of course the clutch) from the insurance company and I've had it 3 great years. Can't be mad about that. Mad at myself.

Totally venting here. But if you know of a mint 2004 Boxster S for $9,999, please let your hapless buddy know!
Sorry Dude....at least you're ok.

Look in classifieds for Timco's 2004 SE. Its got 142K miles but well cared for and documented....he's asking $10K.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote