Thread: Tarett spacers
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #6
Robert986

Garage
Re

Damn, what an answer Nine8Six Would have figured you had looked into the subject.. Now I canīt sleep..

So.. Letīs look a bit more into details for my application: I now have the wheels of my dreams, Otto fuchs.. Love those. The issue is that those bad boys have ET-65 (rear). So I now have H&R 18mm spacers, giving a total ET of 47. This works.. However there is more or less no marginal between wheel and suspension, maybe 1-1,5 mm, this doesn't feel right, hence the idea of the 19mm Tarett instead of 18mm H&R. Yes, we are talking about 1mm

Well I guess 20mm would do it, however I am also very keen on getting lowest possible weight, so then Tarett looked just right.

Then comes Nine8Six and the AL7075... So, now Iīm not sure.. Do the 6061-T6 Aluminium get the job done or must one aim for the 7075-T6? I found CMS Porsche Racing Wheel Spacers 5x130 (14x1.5 Lug Bolts) - Competition Motorsport But they donīt have larger then 18mm. The plot thickens..

To add to the headache I found that going to TI-bolts might save even more weight/rot mass. So Iīm looking at Porsche Titanium Lug Bolts Looks pretty good If you ask me, however.. What do I know? Not much really..

And to give the full picture I do track the car on occasions.. So I donīt want to risk the wheels coming off..

Last edited by Robert986; 10-23-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote