View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #7
dghii

As I mentioned in my original post, not pissing on 987's at all. I just wanted to compare and contrast.
Funny thing's I noticed in the newer car....
1. Still had foam blowing out vents, at least mine seems to have run out of foam at this point!
2. Although the 987 interior has a very nice look, Porsche continues to use that soft touch finish on trim. This car had a somewhat chewed up door sill and a few other spots. Not bad and overall the interior was in great shape, especially the seats. I wish the trim was made of something more robust to everyday use.
3. TPMS...Not interested in this feature at all. Seems like something that will simply be unreliable or need replacement at some point.
4. Car felt bigger. Not so big that it was hard to get use to, but when I got back in my 986 this afternoon, I really noticed the difference.

Here's the thing...The first time I drove a Boxster, a 20K mile 1999 model in 2001, I liked it but it really didn't blow me away. I had been driving a 99 M Roadster that I had just sold.

A few years later, 2005 or so, I test drive a 2003 S. I didn't make it more that a half mile or so before I thought "Holy crap, this is fun and I want one!" It took me 3 years before I bought my current car. It still blows me away and puts a smile on my face.

So far, I haven't had that same feeling from any newer cars I drove, including the one the other day. I just don't see the newer car being $10K better. YMMV.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote