View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
It did not stop me, the fender had been replaced and the work was perfect. I was more concerned about the maintenance records which were in good order. Unless the car had a salvage title and or terrible body work it would and did not stop me. Most of the time these days I see complete fenders, Hoods or door panels replaced....I think the days of bondo and cardboard are pretty much over at this point.
Same here. I purchase my car in 2008 and it had a front end accident in 2002 or 2003 with no air bag deployment. I couldn't find any evidence from the event.

My car also shows a rear end 'collision' during my ownership. I couldn't figure it out! Then I remembered...I let one of my boys go pick up his prom date. While at a stoplight, the lady behind him, who was stopped, took her foot off the brake and bump the rear of the car. My son did what he'd been instructed to do, he called the police to report the accident. He was petrified! No insurance claim was filed and I didn't even ask the lady to pay for the damage as it was so minor. I replace a black bumper guard with a used one for $30. No paint or physical damage to the bumper itself.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote