View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #7
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Check the suspension and links while at it also?
They looked okay, but what I am going to do for her if it runs again, is take the lowering kit out and put it back to a stock ride.
Love the pic, I imagine that's about how it looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Ouch! What motor? Heck, used beetle's are so dirt cheap that it might be easier buying a new(used) one instead of replacing a motor?
It is a 2.0 with the 5-speed. These Beetles come up on Craigslist all the time with a bad automatic transmission or other issues, plus the wrecked ones on copart. A few parts from this to another or vice versa will be a fairly cheap solution if the engine is toast. Last three months all my 'garage time' has been on my kid's cars. I'd rather be working on my own projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
If there is serious damage, check your insurance policy; many times, damage like this is covered under regular collision damage.
I need to double check, but I'm pretty sure that she just had liability. That would be great if it's covered and something for her to think about in the future.

Thanks all.