View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 01:37 AM   #1
KevinBarth

Unscrupulous or just a glitch?

So, I've been fighting to get all my readiness codes for smog in Ca. Driven 600 mi each on 2 resets. All 7/8 go ready except SAI. Many of you have told me it's got to be driven. I would think after 600 mi that I would have completed the drive cycle many times. Today, I visit a Indy Porsche guy and he told me he would connect to their Scanner and tell me what didn't go ready. I obliged because I thought maybe he could confirm whether my cheapy HF was accurate or not. After he connects his Hi tech scanner tells me that 5 are not ready. I asked him if he had done a reset as I had confirmed on my scanner before going to him that only 1 SAI was not ready. He said no. Could this actually happen just by connecting his scanner to acquire my data? Do you think I got scammed by these guys? After he scans my engine only 3/8 were ready. I've got to go through the entire process again. Frustrated. Am I over thinking these guys? Please advise.

My cats and O2 sensors were not ready after they put their reader on as well as SAI
KevinBarth is offline   Reply With Quote