View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #10
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxstard View Post
With the way you cut it up open, can you get to the bottom of two flaps to tape up holes all the way down? From pics it looks as if only top half of those flaps are exposed and accessible.
The whole flap is accessible (both flaps). Small hands or a tool make it easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I used strips of tape that were between two and four inches long. At first I tried poking them in with a trim tool, but using my hand worked best. With the flaps in the resting position, it was difficult, but doable. I think that the best access was with the AC running and the fan on low. I poked my camera in for this shot, then put on one more piece of tape to caver a gap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidyashankara View Post
78F350: Freaking awesome!

I just did this. When I opened up the console and all my foam was gone. I used a standard cutting blade to make the cuts on the vent. I used masking tape to tape up the holes. Took me totally 15 minutes in total. It was very easy to tape the vents with my hands. I did not need to use any tools

Thanks for the innovative process