View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 02:08 AM   #103
Nine8Six

^^^ There... some new ideas for sweet t-shirts lollll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
Very cool thread!

I even I registered for the forum because of it, and I don’t even hava a 986 (yet).

If I may ask a silly question, is it correct that the software – or at least the 986 model, doesn’t take into account the air passing through the radiators, nor what happens in the wheel wells when the wheels are turning?

And in addition to showing what the air is doing, can your software estimate the drag or drag coefficient? And the lift over each axle? It would be quite interesting to see how close that is to reported figures. (Since lift figures are usually at 200 kmph, it would help to do it at that speed, though one can make a pretty good estimate based on the lift at 180.)

I’m sure someone on the forum can tell you the reported figures for the 986. I can at least tell you them for the 996.2: 24 kg of lift at the front, 6 at the rear. And yes, it would be great if you could put that nice 996 you showed in an earlier post into your virtual wind tunnel!

Please also add me to the list of people who’d love to see what a duck tail does. I’m interested in putting an immitation of the 997 Sport Classic on my car (a 996.2), and it’s one of the great mysteries of the Porsche forum universe what effect they have, if any.

Thanks!
I've seen your note and thanks! I'll get back to you once you've introduced yourself bud. Let us know where you are from, what you do! If student what uni ect etc. I'll be happy to get back on the subject and pass on all the Intel I got back to you

In a meantime I am doing a whole new kind of CFD Analysis. My wife (aka-therapist) suggested below: