View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 06:29 AM   #16
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
I have deleted my secondary cats. In California it is illegal and you will fail the bi-annual smog inspection IF they do a visual examination and see they have been removed. It has been my experience that they don't look. I have never had a smog station do a visual inspection. Never.
Gelbster, I can second Chuck's comment.

I have top speed 2nd cat deletes and topseed muffler.
(Only the cat in the headers is still present)

The First smog I had them they did the sniffer test and it passed with room to spare.

The second smog in Nov 2016 it passed as well, but they changed the rules for 2000 and above Model years and now rely on the OBDII computer report and don't even do a sniffer test.

The trick is to get the car good and hot before bringing it in for testing if they use a sniffer. Now with MY 2000 and above you just need to be clear of any codes and your good.

They took a cursory peak on the undersides but I doubt they knew what was stock and what was aftermarket so no issues.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote