View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
dghii

I just changed tube O-rings yesterday due to slight oil drips onto my exhaust on both sides, I had done this job once already, about 6 years ago.
No oil loss either time.

First time I did the job, I used the transom plug to pull the tubes. It worked but took a bit of effort to get the plug tight enough to pull the tube. I replaced both the tubes and the O-rings.

This week,I needed to just change O-rings. I used the long bolt with a washer method. For me, this method was WAY better and much quicker. At first, I had a bit of trouble trying to find a spot to place my screwdriver for leverage for pulling the tube. I was getting a bit frustrated, to the point of thinking about trying to find my transom plug, when the first tube finally pulled free. For the rest of the tubes, I found I could simply pull the plugs out by pulling on the bolt with my fingers...no problem!

FYI I had one coil plug that didn't want to seat on the coil during installation. The rubber weather boot had worked its way down the plug a bit too far and wasn't allowing the electrical connection to seat. I thought I had it but when I started the car I had a miss. I knew exactly where to check and sure enough CYL 2 connector was loose.

Make sure to start your car when you finish each side before mounting the tire to make sure you're good to go. I found each side took about 90 minutes including the plug change.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote