View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 05:48 AM   #13
Brucelee

My take on this issue in brief:

The issues that were raised in the original post were all pretty normal wear items for a 7 yr old car. I have a 99 328I that I just bought and just normal maint items were more than what was listed in the original post.

Second, I get Jim's concerns and issues. I DO think that the Porsche engineers have clearly ignored making the Boxster as robust as I think it should be given the price of the car. The RMS, intermediate shaft issue etc, are clearly not acceptable, esp when they have been going on for 9 yrs or so.

Hey, we are not talking about a $15K throw away car, we are talking about a 60K Porsche.

Having said all that, we do have to remember that most folks here who post are going to be chatting about problems, and there are many others who are out simply driving the car.

My one wish is that the Porsche engineers (maybe all German engineers) would start to focus on reliability and simplicity. That is actually what Porsche did in the early days. It seems that all we get out of Germany these days is more gadgets that will most certainly break and be expensive.

One of the things I like about the late model Corvettes is that the car keeps getting better but not much more complex.

IMHO!