View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #1
john12312
2002 Boxster S

Power windows not working after wet electronic immobilzer

Hello everyone. I hope someone can help with this issue. Water got into my 2002 Boxster S during a heavy rain and soaked the carpet as well as the immobilizer module under the driver's seat.

At first, the car doors were emitting a rapid tapping sound and the windows would work intermittently. Then the car wouldn't start at all. After getting the water out of the car and drying the carpet, i immersed the module in 91% isopropyl alcohol and scrubbed lightly with a soft brush. When I put everything back together, the car started normally (after a quick jump) but the interior lights won't go on and the power windows don't work. I took the car out for a 20 minute spin to charge up the battery but nothing changed with respect to the windows or lights issues. The windows will go down a notch as normal when the door is opened then return to position. I checked the fuses in C3 and D1 positions and both were good but I changed them anyway to eliminate that possibility. I've read in other threads that there may be a window reset that needs to be done.

Has anyone run into this problem that can help in how to get the windows and lights working again? If i Have to change the module, can I do it at home or will the car not start with a new immobilizer module?
john12312 is offline   Reply With Quote