View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
djw8282

Thanks guys for the input! I'm aware of just the headers are not going to make a huge difference. As of now I have on my 2002 S, an EVO intake (the first design with full 3" tube to throttle body), GHL exhaust, by-pass pipes, 4" underdrive pulley and Softronics software. Car feels and sounds fantastic but I want to complete it with headers. I also have a 997 Plenum and 74mm TB with all the hardware so it should be running real nice when I get it all hooked up.

Steve, thanks for the detailed response on the headers. I knew these header look like crap but I wanted to hear it from someone else lol.

I also appreciate you going over your experience with these headers. What stands out is the fact that they are holding up..VERY important for me!
Thanks for the heads up with the fitment. I’ve been poking around in the header area and I was thinking the cover wouldn’t fit and you confirmed that. One good thing is I have new bolts installed on my factory headers as I had a recent rebuild. So that is a good thing! I want to get this done now before these bolts start rusting!

Your description of the sound and performance is just what I’m looking for. I cannot wait!

I’ve attached a picture of the headers that I plan to install. I have a few questions. I have the Softronic software, should I put the two 02 sensor in or just disconnect them and plug the holes? Do these primaries look 1 5/8? I actually missed an opportunity for some Dansk headers because they didn’t have 02 bungs. I wasn’t sure if they were for a 2.5L. Turns out they were for an S. European version.
Attached Images

djw8282 is offline   Reply With Quote