View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 06:19 AM   #8
orangeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rockford View Post
Not in the market for the car but enjoyed the well written piece.

1 - outstanding clown shoe. That was the other car I was trying to track down when I bought my 986. Very short supply in Canada though.

2 - pm me your paint regimen if you don't mind. I have found a good one myself but I'm always open to possible improvement.

Best of luck with the sale.
It's really interesting that the coupe (a '99 S52B32US with 70k miles) was $45k in 1999 and is now worth $25k, but the Porsche was $60k in 2001 and is now worth $10k.

Is the coupe more rare? Yes. Is it cool? Sure. Is it faster than the Porsche? No. The coupe has better low end torque, but that could also just be the gearing in the 5spd vs the ridiculously high final drive in the boxsters 6spd. The porsche absolutely handles easier. which is to say that driving through curvies in both, it is much easier to keep up a certain speed in the boxster, but ultimately with a good driver, their limits are similar, the boxster is just much more easy to take there. Currently the coupe as better bridgestones on it however, and I think with a much more appropriate 2nd gear, would probably beat up the boxster in an autoX, but I haven't had them both in the same one to know. Out on the road the boxster is easily as fast, and I would bet faster from 50mph to 120. This boxster really cooks once you're over 4k in 3rd gear +.
orangeman is offline   Reply With Quote