View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
No I am not going to sell my baby, but I have been thinking about this for some time. As far as the dreaded IMS issue with our engines how can a PPI really do any good ?

I mean to really tell you would either need paperwork from a reputable shop or tear the existing one out and then you might as well install a new one........along with a clutch etc.....etc...

I too think the IMS is way overblown but this has been on my mind for a while now.

PS the wife and I were watching American Dad last night where Stan bought a sailboat and then realized the upkeep. An old sailor docked next to him said owning a sailboat was like standing in a cold shower while tearing up hundred dollar bills......we had to laugh because sometimes owning a Porsche is much the same......instead you stand in front of a shop fan and tear up hundred dollar bills......but I have loved every minute of it and have no plans on changing.

Dwight
As a shop that provides PPI service, I can tell you from experience that it quite often matters. While it cannot verify if an IMS retrofit has been done, or more importantly what kit was used, it can find many other short comings or blatant attempts to slide something by the prospective buyer. Usually, these issues become either bargaining chips in the process, or complete deal breakers in many cases.

As far as the IMS goes, if the owner claims to have had it done, he should have records that can easily be verified. To quote an often used legal rule of thumb, "What isn't in writing, isn't."

Last edited by JFP in PA; 09-04-2016 at 12:05 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote