View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
dghii

Tranzit Blu Hf install (SBC)

I bought this device off Amazon a few years ago to add Bluetooth to the factory stereo setup in my 2003S with bose. I ended up selling the car to a buddy and the device sat unopened until a few days ago when I decided to install it in a 2002 4runner I use as and everyday errand runner. I really didn't want to spend any money on the vehicle but in the last few months, the 4Runner, with 252K miles has made its share of out of town runs, getting kids set up at college etc. I wanted to be able to stream audio, mailing baseball games while on the road. I remembered the Tranzit Blu Hf and decided to break it open.

I won't go into install details as I'm sure no one cares about what I did for the 4Runner. Suffice to stay that install was easy, power, ground, 2 antenna connections, plug in the mic and run two wires for the small control button.

Setup and initial pairing was easy too.

My point for sharing this story is to let you know that this device, at $75 would have been a great addition to the Boxster. Performance of the device is very good...Audio performance is FM quality and pairing is very quick after starting the car.

I'd give this thing a thumbs up to anyone who wants to maintain the factory stereo but wants to add BT.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote