View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
mnc-i

My fellow forum members,
Thanks for the quick response to my alternator question. You all are right, with over 284,000 miles my alternator’s bearings & brushes are probably toast. I did not get a chance to contact ******************************************** (they are an hour ahead of me) today to asked about the differences in the alternators. I did, however, call my local Porsche dealer in Austin. The dealership has a new owner and name. I mention this only because their parts department quoted me a price of $1000.00 US for a new alternator and $2400.00 US for a remanufactured alternator. Yes, I asked again for the prices because when I first heard “Angel” (I think that is the correct spelling of the name of the guy in the parts department) tell me $1000.00 for an alternator I about fell out of my chair. He repeated those prices and the prices did not include labor.
Tonight I am taking out my passenger seat and opening the firewall access panel behind the seats.
Tomorrow, Friday, 19 Aug 16, just out of curiosity I am going to stop by the dealership and ask about alternators in person. I will also call ********************************************.
More to follow.
Thanks again
MNC-I
mnc-i is offline   Reply With Quote