View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
kiyakubuke

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by imari View Post
I wish that I had better news but I don't...after I THOUGHT I had everything fixed (except the airbag light staying on), it rained again yesterday and I got more water on the floorboard (including the immobilizer unit). Needless to say, now the car won't start at all. I tried to dry the board like last time but it didn't help. I was going to take the battery loose to see if I could "reset" the system but like yours the trunk and hood won't open. With a fully charged new battery, I have no idea how to get the hood to open????? I also noticed that the windows won't work (up or down). This is more complex than what I just went through with the first time the box got wet....smh. I have really tried but I am convinced that I need to get it running and then get to running.
same with me. however my hood and trunk releases on the door sill work if the ignition is on. central locking and windows do not. pretty sure it is beyond my ability to repair at this point. we will see what insurance says.

curious though, is the immobilizer unit (under seat) tied to the ecu (in the trunk)? i.e. you have to replace them as one. the reason I ask it that searching eBay, it seems you can't get just the one, all listing are in a pair.
kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote