View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #30
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
yes i have the tuneRS DOF system. i'd be seriously pissed if thats what failed but we'll see. I have the double row bearing that was replaced with the DOF. the original bearing with 111000 miles on it looked good when taken out, i've done oil changes every 4-5k miles and i've driven the car almost on a daily basis (30 miles plus) in the last year except for a couple of months when i was out of the country. and i drove it like it was meant to be driven, garage queen she was not.. so i dont think it was the IMS that went..
I think you will find that the DOF is still fine, but your bank 1 VarioCam unit not so much, which resulted in all the damage. That said, it is entirely possible that one was involved in the demise of the other. On the M96/97 engines, you have to be very careful about where you draw oil from, as other systems are not always happy about that happening. You are not the first to encounter issues.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 06-21-2016 at 01:17 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote