View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #8
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoman_pro View Post
Come to think of it, the shorting out problem started after I installed the starter....there is only 3 wires to connect. I can't see that I wired it wrong and they didn't seem to be pinched. I've searched for a good pic of the wires attached to the starter, but can't see any. If anyone has one, can you share it with me? I'm doubting myself now....
OK, you have recently had both your starter and alternator out of the car, and now have what sounds like a dead short situation. I would bet you either wired the starter wrong, or have pinched a wire somewhere.

Before you incinerate the car and give it a viking funeral, I would disconnect the battery and check for continuity between the battery positive cable and the ground with a multimeter. If you have continuity, you need to disconnect (one at a time) the alternator and starter leads until the continuity goes away. Then the last wire is the shorted circuit. If you don't see any continuity with the battery disconnected, you have wired the starter incorrectly.