View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
Perfectlap

Another quick wax review

So on my search for a spray wax that is the best for plain old silver I tried yet another spray wax. Oddly enough this one is an over the counter product.
Duragloss Aqua Wax (available at NAPA stores) for a whole $6??!!
I got it online where you can also order the gallon size with only $5 shipping.

I had some very good luck recently with new products like Optimum No-Rinse Wash (with a 2 gallon pesticide sprayer bye bye hose and driveway full of suds), Hello quick marr free washes. Leaves a slick surface that is easier to clean in future washes. Also good luck with FK 146 which cleans up any water spots and leaves the surface really nice for Carnaubas or Acrylics and is great at keeping the car cleaner longer.

After a 'double check' cleaning with FK 146 I uncorked the Aqua Wax....drum roll

People have been swearing by this stuff lately.
Well I see why. This stuff is REALLY GOOD. $6!?!
After spraying on a panel and buffing off with the short nap side of the microfiber towel it imediately left the paint looking thicker/denser and gave the whole car a wet look in only 5 minutes. I've tried all the Meguiars SPray waxes (NXT, Gold Class etc), Mother's (Showtime, FX), Sonus, and FK FX100 and this was on another level. If it was able to lavish my Arctic Silver with such results it must be really really great on darker colors.
Aqua Wax was the first "spray wax" I've ever used that gave the appearance of a paste wax but ...in only five minutes

But its not all good news. Drove the car Friday night, lots of compliments I even found an intoxicated girl laying on my hood while her girl friend took her picture.
She kept saying you have a beatiful car while I searched for possible scratches
She said she was going to use the photo for her match.com profile. Sorry babe I'm taken! She ran away crying. well I really didn't say that.
anyhoo...
the next morning something that has been missing from my paint finish since I first started using FK sprays (146 and 425) reappeared:
A film of soot (too thick to be just dust) was now covering my whole car!
Bye Bye wet shine after only 7 hours.
I don't dry dust ever so out came the No Rinse in the pesticide sprayer and voila.
Clean car. I cleared away any remaining soil with 146 and reapplied the Aqua Wax. Wet shine is back. But I waited 15 minutes and coated the whole car with
FK 425. No difference in wet shine.

That night I did the same 40 mile drive. When I got home I did the "white glove" test. Car was CLEAN.

so yeah Aqua Wax and FK 425. Incredible results in 15 minutes for $21.
And it stays clean.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-20-2006 at 07:01 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote