View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #1
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Not quite Autocrossing yet

A couple months ago I joined the PCA and planned to attend the autocross events with the Cimarron chapter. So far it has not worked out. They are scheduled every other Sunday and I am currently working a week-on, week-off schedule where I work on every Autocross day. Some day I may take a day off to attend, but it may not be worth it for a single event in the middle or end of the season.

There is also the local SCCA NeOkla SCCA, which has some events I am able to attend without taking a day off. Any opinions of SCCA vs PCA?

I do not have the time or commitment to get into spec racing, but I'd love to drive in a few events at Hallett during the year. The Oktoberfest event this year with the PCA says that only “experienced Hallett Track Drivers” can do the DE, so I'll probably go along to volunteer and learn this year.

This year's racing season is basically over for me without having started. What to do? Get organized better for next year.

I have plenty of Boxsters and parts available. I am not as concerned with competing against others as having fun and improving my skill. I'm strongly considering stripping down my 2000 S and putting in an Audi V8. Will that be an issue for driving in PCA events other than changing the category of cars I'm competing with? Would I be better off reverting it to be a stock 'S'? ...or just using one of my 1999s for the events?

Any other recommendations or thought?